Who We Are
The DFW Zero Waste Alliance is a coalition of recycling advocates, forward-thinking business leaders and community members who are working to rethink the way we manage and dispose of valuable resources. Groups and supporters include:
- Texas Campaign for the Environment Fund
- Balcones Resources
- Recycle Revolution
- Dallas Sierra Club
- Greater Fort Worth Sierra Club
- Zero Waste Fort Worth
- Tarrant Coalition for Environmental Awareness
What We Do
Through grassroots public education and advocacy, we will contribute to practices and innovations that will eventually reduce the waste we send to landfills by 90%.
Multi-family buildings are home to a majority of DFW residents—and in most cities, it’s currently up to each apartment building owner or condominium association to decide whether to provide recycling access for residents and tenants. Very few have taken action.
We are encouraging city officials to adopt programs that will expand recycling to be universally available everywhere we live, work and play—especially in businesses and for residents in multi-family buildings. We are also working to:
- Make recycling available at all public places and events
- Start and organic waste program that will divert food scraps and yard trimmings to large-scale composting operations instead of landfills
- Recover construction and demolition waste for reuse and recycling
You can help by joining our effort, learning more and contacting your city officials in support of Zero Waste programs.